Selected Publications by A.J. (Phonse) Fagan
"The Physics and Politics of Climate Change.pdf"
"Mind Openers 1.0: A Conceptual Review of Modern Physics"
"Mind Openers 2.0: A Conceptual Review of Modern Physics"
"Can the Oil Industry Save Civilization?”
Structural and Stratigraphic Study of the Laurentian Basin, January 2010
- My M.Sc. (Geophysics) Thesis. Provides a discussion of the oil and gas exploration history of the southern Grand Banks and Scotian Shelf, the 1929 Newfoundland earthquake / tsunami, Canada-France boundary dispute, in addition to an in-depth geoscientific analysis of the Laurentian Basin.
What is this Seismic Stuff; Nexus - February 2006
- My attempt at explaining the seismic method of subsurface imaging.
Traps of Scientific Writing, Leading Edge 1993
- Even more of a problem today! Please join the struggle for clarity of thought and communication!
Sedimentary Basins and Hydrocarbon Potential of Newfoundland and Labrador,by Phonse Fagan and Ian Atkinson et al
- One of the more useful projects I've ever been involved in. We boiled down a lot of disparate material into a simple document.
Introduction to the Petroleum Industry (training manual)
- The title speaks for itself. You can also take the (constantly updated) course! Click here for course info.
The Petroleum Industry (Slide Presentation)
- This one put together for high school teachers by popular demand.